The Project Manager will plan, organize, direct, and control project activities required for effective management of assigned integrated audio-visual installation projects from startup to closeout for KCAV including:
- Provide information to applicable parties after determining labor and material requirements needed to complete project within the presented financial parameters to meet profitability goals
- Coordinate with Engineering Department on design and drafting phases of jobs
- Prepare the project installation plan, manage the job plans and specifications and prepare and implement job procedures
- Plan, schedule and forecast internal engineering and installation staff for assigned audio-visual installation projects, working closely with Installation Technician Foreman to schedule the job
- Manage subcontractors for the project including maintaining construction schedule, coordinating task scheduling with other trades, selecting subcontractors and monitoring performance of subcontractors
- Coordinate the procurement of materials, supplies and services and arrange for timely delivery to appropriate location
- Serve as central point of contact for project and prepare progress reports, and facilitate communication with all applicable parties on a regular and timely basis appropriate to the scope of project including preparing progress reports
- Maintain project records in Q360 and ensure the data is updated regularly so reports are current and accurate at all times
What you will need:
- 5+ years of experience in project management and/or installation of audio-visual systems, or equivalent experience in a similar industry
- Must have demonstrated planning skills and demonstrated knowledge of installation operations
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; prior experience with Solutions Q360 preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision
- Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass a background check (including pre-employment drug screening)
This position is based at the KCAV headquarters in Kansas City, MO, and after training, is eligible for a hybrid arrangement. Local/regional travel throughout the Kansas City Metro Area and the central Midwest will be required regularly.
KCAV is growing and we are hiring a mid-level technician in Omaha, NE.
Installation Technicians are responsible for installation of AV systems and performing general labor as assigned at customer job locations. Local and regional travel will be required for this position. This is a mid-level technician role for someone who has prior AV installation experience.
If you can complete structured cabling projects (pulling, terminations, testing), follow CAD elevations and system schematics, can read engineering drawings/specification sheets and/or lead small to mid-level installation projects without control/Audio DSP, we want to talk to you!
It is a huge plus, but not required, if you are CTS certified, have familiarity with audio configuration, and/or have experience with control systems like Crestron or Extron
We provide all the tools and training you will need, if you can provide an eagerness to learn, a solid mechanical aptitude and an ability to problem solve and work independently. You will also need a valid driver license/acceptable driving record and be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Because of our growth, we need a dedicated Sales Director who will oversee and lead the Sales and Marketing strategies for KCAV including:
- Collaborate with President to develop sales strategies
- Develop and ensure corporate revenue and margin objectives are met
- Review and analyze sales and operational records and reports; use data to project sales, determine profitability and targets, and identify potential new markets
- Develop and communicate sales forecasts to the Leadership Team
- Identify and analyze customer preferences to properly direct sales effort
- Resolve customer issue
- Work closely with manufacturers and suppliers to achieve business objectives
- Identify new market segments that will benefit from company product
- Oversee broad range of marketing activities including advertising campaigns, industry trade shows, promotional activities and events
- Analyze target-market information to identify and recommend effective marketing approaches
- Develop and manage the sales and marketing budget
- Develop existing sales team and build team as appropriate
- Develop sales compensation plans
- Assign territories and set quotas for sales team and actively manage
What you will need:
- Excellent sales and customer service skills with proven success in the AV industry or related technology industry
- Proven success in scaling a sales organization
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing and developing a sales organization
- Experience in developing sales territories and quotas in a growing sales organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong supervisory and leadership skills
Ideally the successful candidate will be based at our KCAV headquarters in Kansas City, MO, or one of the KCAV branch offices in Omaha, NE or Columbia, MO, so candidates based in MO, KS, or NE will be given preference. However, we will consider a remote/hybrid arrangement for very highly qualified candidates who are based elsewhere in the US.
Ready to learn how you can join our awesome team?
Inquire about a position or submit your resume
To inquire about an open position or to submit your resume, please fill out the form. Our team will be in touch as soon as possible.
Kansas City Audio-Visual (KCAV) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. KCAV provides equal opportunities for all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history) or any other characteristic protected by law. KCAV provides reasonable accommodations to employees and qualified applicants with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs, observances and practices. If you require an accommodation in completing any part of the application process, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to KCAV Human Resources by calling 800-798-5228 or contacting us here.